Over the years many of you have either worked with the JHBG or said you would like to volunteer on your membership applications. We are reorganizing some of our activities and need people with varied skills to help the JHBG Board of Directors continue to improve the quality of life in our neighborhood, as we have done now for 25 years.
Please review this list, and, if you see something you can help with, please contact us via our contact form. The Director in charge of that activity will contact you with more information.
Views from the Heights (our hard copy newsletter)
– Person with basic knowledge on Microsoft Publisher
– Graphic Designer
We are expanding our efforts to “get the word out” on all media about what we do in Jackson Heights.
Organize, distribute and maintain tools and supplies.
Organize social events.
– Investigate and assist the Board to find new and different ways to raise funds for our activities.
– Grant writer
Gardening and Clean Up
– Spring Cleanup and planting on Saturday, April 20th 10 AM to noon
– Garden and Tree Maintenance in a location near you!
– Composting with our JH Scraps Committee
– Accept compostable materials on Saturdays from 9-11 at our facility on 69th Street
– Participate in our Construction Day in mid-May (date to be determined) to create an efficient and useful composting area. Skills and attributes needed: Strength, Ability to read and follow construction plans, Ability to use tools, Helpers to fetch things that may be needed during the construction
It’s My Park Day (Recycle a Bicycle)
This activity in mid-May will be held in Travers Park. Help a kid get a new bike!
Historic Weekend, Saturday June 8th
Our annual Garden Tour will be bigger than ever, with many more gardens. We need helpers to set up that morning.
Social Media / Web Designer / Technology Experts